Columbia’s best restaurant for busy families who love seafood.
Looking for a place to eat in Columbia, SC?
Come on inn.
Laid-back southern living? Sure that’s what some locals love about the South Carolina way of life. But here at Harbor Inn Seafood, we also know that life can get busy. And family time can be hard to squeeze in. Plus it’s not always easy to maintain healthy habits while constantly on the go. (We get it.) That’s why we invite you to come inn and take a break from your hectic lifestyle. It will be good for you--in more ways than one.
Seafood is healthy. Really healthy.
Seafood contains amazing benefits. Nutrients such as protein, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids are all packed into fresh, quality seafood. These nutrients also provide great health benefits for the heart, brain, skin, and muscles. As a family-owned restaurant, we’re committed to providing fresh, quality seafood to our thriving Columbia community.
Seafood is brain food. (And more.)
Did you know that Omega-3 fatty acids are an unsaturated fatty acid that occurs almost explicitly in fish oils? These fatty acids contain the healthy kind of fat that lead to health benefits such as:
· Lowering your risk for cardiovascular disease
· Lowering your risk for certain kinds of cancer
· Lowering your risk for cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia
· Helping to reduce inflammation from diseases such as Rheumatoid arthritis
· Lessening symptoms for ailments like ADD/ADHD, allergies, and cystic fibrosis
In addition to all these great health benefits, fish is packed full of protein that everyone needs to function every day. This protein gives the body energy, which allows your brain to function more efficiently while you’re running here, there, and everywhere.
Eat more seafood. It does a body (and brain) good.
Whether you like fish or shrimp or oysters, our dinner menu covers a variety of delicious seafood at Harbor Inn. Here are some of the benefits for a few different menu options:
- Fish: Cod, flounder, catfish, and grouper all have the lowest fat content compared to other sources of animal protein and are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Types of fatty, lean fish such as salmon, tilapia, tuna, and Mahi Mahi are all fish that have a high content of those healthy fats (such as omega-3’s and n-3’s), but they are also a great source of selenium, iodine, vitamin D, and taurine.
- Shellfish: Shrimp, crab, scallops, and clams contain omega-3 fatty acids; they’re also protein-packed and have added benefits of iron, zinc, copper, and vitamin B-12.
- Oysters: Oysters contain a particularly high level of zinc, but are also packed full of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. They are also full of healthy cholesterol, antioxidants, and water. All of these nutritious benefits protect your heart health, speed up healing, increase blood circulation, and boost your immune system.
Here’s the catch: As with any kind of food, you should eat seafood in moderation. Too much of one type of protein, healthy or not, is not good for the body. Doctors recommend 2 to 3 servings or 8 to 12 ounces of fish each week.
Come on inn.
We are proud to be family owned and locally focused since 2002. We believe good food and good relationships build good communities. Make Harbor Inn Seafood your Columbia go-to whenever you’re considering eating out. Or ordering in. Bring the family and enjoy a meal you can feel good about.
About Harbor Inn Seafood
On any given day, you can find a handful of family members working in the restaurant. Or just stopping by for a bite to eat. We’re all family here. So come inn and enjoy fresh seafood selections that taste great and are good for you. Dive in.
Our family first opened its restaurant doors to North Carolina many decades ago. In 2002, a couple of newlyweds (Mark & Maria from the second generation) opened a Harbor Inn Seafood restaurant here in Columbia. It’s hard to believe that was more than 15 years ago! Today, our family’s passion for serving fresh seafood to everyone continues. Learn more about our heritage.
We are thankful for the opportunity to provide folks like you with delicious seafood selections. Check out our menu options. And come on inn. We would love to serve you.